Vaughn & Melton has proudly provided professional services on several projects for Tellico Area Services System (TASS).
Niles Ferry Wastewater Treatment Plant Expansion
Vaughn & Melton provided engineering services for the expansion of the Niles Ferry Industrial Park Wastewater Treatment Plant expansion to a 1.5 MGD. The expansion included the addition of:
• New headworks pump station with variable speed pumps
• New mechanical drum screens
• Dual oxidation ditches
• Dual secondary clarifiers
• Tertiary filters (not constructed)
• Ultraviolet disinfection system
• RAS sludge pump station
• Solids handling facilities & equipment
• Administration building
• Reuse of existing package plant as new aerobic digesters
Services provided by V&M included assistance with numerous funding sources including US Economic Development Authority (EDA), Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Rural Development (RD), Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC), and the State Revolving Fund (SRF) to name a few. V&M services also consisted of preliminary and final design, construction administration and inspection services. The estimated project cost is $9 million.