Seven State Service Area
Vaughn & Melton was selected by the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) to perform land surveying services throughout their seven state service area. V&M’s surveying tasks include:
- Providing a GPS technician for construction staking and as-built surveys.
- Providing a Registered Land Surveyor to perform calculations, computations, direct supervision of surveys, and as a subject matter expert.
The amount of the contract is $100,000 which can be renewed and renegotiated up to $1,000,000.
TVA Bull Run Steam Plant, Anderson County, TN
V&M has performed the following surveying services:
- Gypsum Pond Disposal Area – Performed a baseline topography survey to measure the quantities of dredged material from the Coal Ash Spill.
- Ash Storage Cells Conveyance Ditches - Performed construction staking to reconstruct various conveyance ditches of an old capped ash storage cell.
- Final As-Built Drawing of Under Drains – Location document for permanent record and future design.
- Final As-Built Drawing of Monitoring Wells – Location document for permanent record and future design.
- Slope Staking – Staking of slope for re-grade and re-stabilization.
- Hydrographic Survey – Bottom of pond survey of Ash Pond for quantity of material removed from storage ponds.
Cumberland Land Acquisition Survey, Stewart County, TN
TVA contacted numerous companies seeking services for completion of a 475 acre boundary survey in four weeks. V&M responded with the capabilities and manpower to complete the task in the short timeframe. V&M offices in three states dedicated personnel and equipment to the project. Using four conventional survey parties, one Global Positioning Satellite party, an on-site Registered Land Surveyor performing real-time calculations, one remotely located AutoCAD Technician and an on-site Registered Land Surveyor conducting oversight, the project deadline was met. During the performance of the survey, TVA requested another 90 acres to be added to the existing deadline. V&M complied with the additional task and completed the work before the allotted deadline.